4/17/2014

Juicy Story


    

One of the most famous writer in Poland wrote an epigram on health. He said that unfortunately we mostly cherish it when we already lost it. True or not there must be something about it. We tend to take things for granted and we think we are untouchable.

There is also another group of individuals who on contrary is very conscious and they prevent their well being from deteriorating before its already too late.

I am not certain to which of the group you belong but I have a story for either one of you.

When I was a kid I hated vegetables! Just thinking of eating salad made my face sour. I so much preferred meat and sausage from this boring veggies. I gave hard time to my parents who tried to make sure I am getting all the nutrients needed. 

Today I look back and I realize, these were best veggies I could have consumed! Straight from my grandpa's garden. I couldn't get anything more organic then this!

Even though my parents and grandparents tried to make it most eatable, I wish back then Juicing would be as popular and recommended as these days. Since i cant get the time back, I will encourage you now to read my JUICY STORY after which you will enjoy juicing everyday.




You are the apple of my eye! - This is what my dad used to tell me, that was suppose to mean that I was very important for him, not even just important, much more than that I am sure. 
An apple a day keeps a doctor away. I am sure you have heard it many times in your life.

Even Steve Jobs chose and apple for the logo. It became an worldwide icon! I am definitely and Mac/Apple girl!

Three times Apple, is enough for me to take it as a rule that there must be something vital about it.
There are so many benefits of eating apples: from regulating your blood sugar, preventing from cardiovascular disease, anti cancer benefits to being great antioxidant  and many more. 

I have just one suggestion. When you go shopping for apples don't look for the once that are perfectly shaped and shiny from waxing. rather look for these not so pretty. I do not recall apples in my grandpa's orchard that were all same in shape. But I remember they were so juicy and sweet!



Celery perhaps won't be your choice and maybe not first on your list, but it definitely is one of the very valuable veggie. Ideal anti inflammatory remedy. I was never crazy about celery and its very intense taste but i got it under control and will reveal you my secret at the end of my story. I am sure oxidative stress and cancer ring the bell, and if so - think celery! You can't go wrong.

 

Pineapple is such a Hawaiian fruit. Are you thinking pina colada? I do to! I don't believe I have to convince anyone here why we should eat it. It's sweet, juicy, refreshing. It's giving you just this warm tropical feeling of sitting in the beach and sipping it alone. But believe me, it's not just tasty it's also very healthy! It's smiling at you, catch him if you can! 


Carrot is such a versatile veggie. As a child I was not that friendly with it, I changed my mind and we became real good friends. It's not only healthy to your body but also beneficial to you eyes and skin. It's tasty alone, in a cake, in a juice and even rabbit loves it! 



When you are shopping for fruits, try to look for local produce for two reasons. First most of the time it will be so much more likely to be really organic. Second you will be supporting your local business. I am very sentimental about it as I remember my grandfather sharing his natural goods with others. Just thinking of it makes me have nice warm memories.
Being conscious of eating fruits and veggies is extremely important for your health. In my childhood access to tropical fruits was very limited and once we had it, consuming it became a special occasion. This is why today I don't take it for granted, I hope you won't too.


Now, that you know it all, gather all above together and run it through your juicer! This is best combination ever! You won't be bother with the strong taste of celery, as it is going to be blended in with the rest of the fruits and veggies! Great way to start your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment