5/28/2014

Behind the scenes of my book...



At last I have finished writing my book. I have been telling you about it here and there but this is it, I promise. I must tell you: it was some process! I have always wanted to write a book, actually I have always wanted to write period. For a very long period of time I couldn't really determine what my first book will be about. I had millions of ideas, but at the same time I wanted to write about something that matters to someone who really will care about it. 

And again I guess life wrote the best story again. My life story. I have never expected this to be this story exactly, but I believe things happen for a reason.
Story telling these days has a completely different dimension as several years ago, hence it was and still is a learning process to me. Writing a book I would compare to a therapy, discovering and healing process. It is almost like going through all your pictures from the past and understanding it all once again, only this time you look at it from different perspective and different angles and you just see so much more! Sometimes I smiled and even laughed and sometimes I had tear in my eye.
I believe we are all great stories, I believe we must all have so much to tell. We are all small parts of history that will be unknown if we remain silent. What a waste I am sure! 
I have learned that no matter what, and how difficult our stories are: they are all very impactful. We all come from different cultures, time streams and backgrounds. Right there, without any special events we already have a story! Have you ever thought about it this way?
You may think you are not a story teller or maybe you are not a writer, and perhaps you are not but it is is not good enough reason to give up telling something that could change many lives forever, is it?
If you follow all my articles you must already know that English is my second language. Even you do understand me I still didn't feel like doing it all on my own will be the best way to go. 
You will now learn that I had whole team behind me who helped me articulate myself in a way so you will understand it and enjoy it. Take a look.
It never takes one to tango. And I personally do not know anyone single who accomplished it all just alone. For many reasons. Most of us tend to underestimate ourselves, or maybe we think our story is just another one, or not that great or there are better out there. Thats why sometimes, we need to tell it so that we get feedback from someone who will think completely opposite! Yes it is true that we live our life everyday and it is just so obvious to us, and if we need to overcome something we just do it. But perhaps someone who is looking at us from aside is looking with full admiration of how in the world we could have overcome it! 
And this is exactly what happened to me in January of 2014. I was at the New Media Expo and I went there for completely different purpose than story telling. Someone approached me and during the process of conversation I discovered he was a publisher. I thought: wow! That has to be it! Then I thought but how will I ever do it? So someone else came up and explained me the whole process of it. And soon I got to work with several other people who took me through it all.
And today my book is ready. Before it will be published I needed to take a trip where my publisher is located: Vegas!
That was a wonderful experience I must tell. I learned that behind every book there is a whole science! And if you like learning I have to assure you this is a continues learning process. You work with people who have passion and who will not let you down. Maybe walking into a recording studio may look foreign at first, maybe intimidating or completely out of your expectation, but this feeling doesn't last too long.
In the studio you talk about your book, your story, your life. You don't really need to be prepared as you are talking about something you have lived for all your life or at least a very significant part of it. Yes it is true that you are being interviewed and you are in front of cameras but what is this really in comparison to all the people who will be reading your book. Its a great prelude to the venue that will take you places you have never thought of. 
During the time you collect all the life puzzle together into a one big clear picture lots of other things cross your mind. You get inspired, motivated and perhaps even impressed with what your life has toughed you. Very often you need someone else to help you look at it with very different eyes. 
Until the very last page of my book I couldn't come up with the right title. I had lots of ideas but none of them really made my expectations complete. Only after whole day working with a team and after long conversation by the dinner the idea was born.
The book is about my life, my journey. Its written from many different perspectives. I learned to look at myself differently. I understood how things happened and why. I recalled many things from my childhood that had tremendous impact on my entire life. I write about my struggle with living my life the way I wanted to. I write and I will continue writing...
I hope after reading it, you will discover the urge to share whatever it may be, as you never know who will read your story and what change it will cause.
There are eighty million woman like me out there, trying to figure out what I already have, I am very excited to announce: they are not alone!

I hope you will read my book and you will maybe think of following my steps. And if you will do so, don't forget to tell me, I can't wait to learn your story!

Ph: Ewa So

No comments:

Post a Comment