3/12/2014

Patient Day

We have moved to AniaLive.com


The conference was excellent, and the ball was alluring and you would think that would be the final part of endometriosis mission. I was extremely delighted to discover that no one forgot about much less sparkly part of this gathering. I was pleased that no one forgot about ordinary patients who are out there waiting for the resolution. 





The last day was dedicated to them! I thought it was brilliant, however extremely disappointed how few of them I saw there. It was an event in NYC. I would have expected so many more woman and intergenerational presence. That was a day where all the medical aspects of endometriosis were introduced in more approachable way. From very elaborate language, to common understanding.

I would think it would be extremely necessary for any woman to attend. But what I saw proved one more time how immensely we need to emphasise and introduce existence of this invisible problem. I felt such waste of chance to listen to these innovative thinkers and practitioners from across disciplines. This is not happening too often when you could have one on one with them. 



Who would let go of a chance to talk to Dr. Seckin or very self Padma Lakshmi? They were both very friendly and compassionate. The discussion was open to public, where you could ask questions and address your concerns. That was almost like a round table dinner followed with a desert with cherry on the top.




I was there listening to women trying to express their feeling through tears and sobbing. I have to say WOW, the world must know about it! I believe women go through enough pain and they can proudly bare it, but this pain seems to be greater then childbirth. Perhaps because this is pain, which at least is rewarded by then holding in your arms most precious creation unlike pain of endometriosis, followed by more pain and depression.







I really believe in power of diversity. The more of us out there of different cultures, origins, ages and backgrounds, the more knowledge and power to break through.

I hope next event dedicated for this silent enemy will be attended by many more of you, believe me it’s the only way to make it possible to break free from the still very much unknown.


All photos by EWASO.



No comments:

Post a Comment