3/20/2014

Savoir Faire - Knowing Proper Etiquette

The ability to behave in different situations has long ceased to be the exclusive domain of the upper classes. Today, this precious art proves to be indispensable at work, at social events, traveling and at your home. Good manners make life easier and help to win over the people. 

 

The image in private life and in business is it a necessity or a fad? We hear: Don’t judge the book by its cover. But I believe that as well as you are what you eat, you also are what you wear. I was thought that we show our respect by how we look and what we wear. Knowledge of norms, behaviours and habits is extremely valuable to all of us, both in professional life and in personal.


We have saying in my native language: The way you make your bed will be the way you will sleep. Translating this into dress etiquette language I would say: The way you dress this way you will be treated. Of course there is the right time and place for everything, hence it would be great to get familiar with the proper etiquette for your personal and professional style.


As you know recently I went to NY for a conference. There was a dress code required. I didn’t imagine I could attend being just randomly dressed even though I went there just to learn and listen not perform. But I also had with me my personal photographer and videographer. Ewa went there to work and she needed to be comfortable as she was going to work several hours a day carrying her big, heavy camera.


Being comfortable to me doesn’t mean wearing jeans, t-shirt and running shoes. Certainly not on this occasion. Even though she was working she was looking amazingly stylish. She was comfortable wearing her high heels, feminine skirt and a jacket. Her accessories didn’t get in a way either on contrary they made a nice statement and closure. 


If you like Ewa’s vogue look and you have an upcoming event where you need to make a statement and walk the carpet, I would gladly work with you accordingly to your lifestyle, body type and proper etiquette required for this special occasion. Don’t forget about my photographer, she can be there throughout the whole process so that we can create before and after story.

I have revamped numerous closets; I hope yours will be on my list.


 Dress for the life you deserve!
Ewa So was styled by me:
1. Jacket: Alberto Makali
2. Tank top: Elan
3. Skirt: Mohito
4. Shoes: Pedro Mirales
5. Tights: Donna Karan
6. Necklace designed and made by me (semi precious carnelian stone and silver
    Amethyst bracelet)

No comments:

Post a Comment